DevSecOps Engineer / Product Security Engineer
Location: Malaysia, New Zealand
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in New Zealand we’re a team of over 60 based across NZ, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines, collaboratively hustling to make buying, selling and swapping crypto currency, fast, safe and easy for anyone. In fact, we’re probably one of NZ’s fastest growing, biggest businesses that no one has ever heard of.
With over 100,000 users and numbers doubling every 4 months, we’re rapidly expanding, and pride ourselves on seeking out diverse perspectives when it comes to imagining our future. We aren’t constrained by what’s been done in the past, we think about what’s possible and we achieve it as a team. Overall, we think we’re a pretty awesome team to be a part of who will always have your back!
Who we’re looking for:
This role will be instrumental in setting up a consumable baseline of security controls to be used by our This role will be instrumental in setting up a consumable baseline of security controls to be used by our Development and Platform teams. With the support of Security leadership, you’ll be responsible to collaborate with Development and Platform team members to understand their needs and constraints, and ensure we’re building and continuously improving the security capabilities which are made available to them.
To sum it up your role will involve:
This role will be instrumental in setting up a consumable baseline of security controls to be used by our Development and Platform teams. With the support of Security leadership, you’ll be responsible to collaborate with Development and Platform team members to understand their needs and constraints, and ensure we’re building and continuously improving the security capabilities which are made available to them.
To sum it up your role will involve:
- Working with development teams and help them implement and manage security capabilities and related outputs, as determined by our security programme
- Work with Platform teams to standardise and provide security capabilities as a component of Platform service adoption across the technical organisation.
- Be involved in designing secure products and services as we expand and scale our platform
- Autonomy to explore different solutions to security challenges, and work with technical teams to recommend and support appropriate tools and practices to our context
- Write security tests to integrate into continuous integration and continuous delivery practices, and provide continuous validation of security posture
- Help level up the security team by bringing expertise and pragmatism in addressing technical and business challenges, and support in training the technical organisation in good security practices through practices such as threat modelling and workshop facilitation
The skills you’ll bring:
- Experience in ge
- Experience in getting DevSecOps programmes jump-started to a great start
- Experience in cloud migration projects (between clouds)
- Provable experience in managing different cloud environments. Experience in GCP and Cloudflare is desirable, but not essential
- Intimate knowledge of CI/CD systems. Experience in Gitlab and Github Actions is desirable but not essential
- Working understanding of OWASP Application Security Verification Standard and Cloud Security practices
- You love supporting others and making yourself available to help other team members tackle their security challenges, whilst bringing your expertise to help upskill and be upskilled by your peers.
Why not check out our website to take a look at how easy we’re making crypto for our customers. We’re still working on our careers page so unfortunately you won’t learn a heap about what it’s like to work for us there (just yet), but here’s a few of the things we think are really great:
- Work remotely from anywhere in Malaysia or NZ.
- Competitive salary plus an annual and quarterly performance-based bonus.
- We’re remote but not removed- we pride ourselves on connecting socially and connecting no matter what the distance is.
- A team where everyone has a voice and a chance to impact how we succeed- when we say we’re collaborative and we’ll have your back we genuinely mean it.
Submit your CV and cover letter, sharing why you’d like to be part of the Easy Crypto team and we’ll be in touch.