Principal Design Engineer
Location: New Zealand, Australia
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in New Zealand we’re a team of over 60 based across NZ, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines, collaboratively hustling to make buying, selling and swapping crypto currency, fast, safe and easy for anyone. In fact, we’re probably one of NZ’s fastest growing, biggest businesses that no one has ever heard of.
With over 100,000 users and numbers doubling every 4 months, we’re rapidly expanding, and pride ourselves on seeking out diverse perspectives when it comes to imagining our future. We aren’t constrained by what’s been done in the past, we think about what’s possible and we achieve it as a team. Overall, we think we’re a pretty awesome team to be a part of who will always have your back!
Who we’re looking for:
This role will be responsible for implementing solid tools & practices that enable designers and engineers to collaborate effectively across all technical phases, from design, development to delivery. You will collaborate with teams across the organisation to ensure we build solutions our customers will love, while continuously improving our offerings.
To sum it up your role will involve:
- Be responsible for the development of design systems, component libraries, and design engineerings processes and tools, to enable development teams to consistently deliver beautiful accessible interfaces
- Collaborate with design and engineering functions to deliver a design engineering strategy, and ensure best practice, which aligns with the rest of the org and the industry at large
- Be a technical leader within design engineering to initiate and deliver projects across the organisation
- Help grow a design thinking culture across the organisation, including both individual contributors and leadership, by providing support and developing a range of educational tools & resources
The skills you’ll bring:
- You have extensive experience in both in design and engineering, and can speak the same language to both
- High drive and the ability to adapt quickly
- Care deeply about improving peoples lives with the power of digital technology, especially blockchain, cryptocurrency, and web3.0
- You are as passionate about organisational agility and continuous innovation at intersection between design and engineering
- You are experienced with modern tools and libraries such as React, web components, Webpack, TypeScript, Figma, Storybook, etc
- Knowledge of techniques such as atomic design, and up to date with current design trends, for example you know if skeuomorphic design is a thing again
- You love to support others by sharing your knowledge and experience in order to help other engineers grow.
Why not check out our website to take a look at how easy we’re making crypto for our customers. We’re still working on our careers page so unfortunately you won’t learn a heap about what it’s like to work for us there (just yet), but here’s a few of the things we think are really great:
- Work remotely from anywhere in NZ or join us in our shared space in Auckland- up to you!
- Competitive salary plus an annual and quarterly performance-based bonus.
- We’re remote but not removed- we pride ourselves on connecting socially and connecting no matter what the distance is.
- A team where everyone has a voice and a chance to impact how we succeed- when we say we’re collaborative and we’ll have your back we genuinely mean it.
Submit your CV and cover letter, sharing why you’d like to be part of the Easy Crypto team and we’ll be in touch.