How to Sell Cryptocurrency in New Zealand
Here's a guide to selling your Bitcoin, Ethereum or other cryptocurrencies in New Zealand through a compliant crypto retailer.
One of the things that make cryptocurrency great is that it is a liquid asset. This means you can easily exchange your Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) with Kiwi dollars (and pretty much any other fiat currency).
In doing so, you don’t have to wait for long until someone else wants to buy crypto from you in exchange for Kiwi dollars.
Selling your crypto through a compliant retailer
Of course, if you want to safely exchange crypto back to Kiwi dollars, you want to use a broker or retailer that is compliant with regulations, such as Easy Crypto. That way, if anyone for some reason asks you whereabouts did you get that Kiwi dollar, you can point our way.
Just for the record, we are a registered financial service provider in New Zealand.
(Here’s our number: FSP691871) 😊
Create an Easy Crypto account in minutes!
If you don’t have an account yet, it takes only minutes to get you started with one. Ready? Hit the timer!
- Go to our homepage.
- Click that Sign up button.
- Use your preferred login provider or type in your email address.
- Go back to the top-right menu and look for My Account.
- Under My Account click Verify.
- Click Verify basic details.
- Use Automated verification and prepare your ID, a piece of paper and a pen.
- If everything goes well, your account will activate in a few minutes. If not, you can submit your ID via the manual verification.
How’s that for a speedrun?
How to sell cryptocurrency through Easy Crypto
To sell cryptocurrency in New Zealand through Easy Crypto, create a Sell Order. You do this by going to the homepage and use the quick buy/sell card.
By default, it shows Buy Now, but clicking on “… or sell” will flip the order into a Sell Order.
Then provide us with your bank account, if you haven’t already done so. Easy Crypto will save your bank details in case you want to make another Sell Order in the future.
Double check your account number to make sure that we will send your Kiwi dollars to the right account.
Then, click on Get deposit address to be able to send your crypto our way, before we transfer your NZD to your account.
In 3 simple steps, here’s a summary on how you can sell cryptocurrencies through Easy Crypto
- Enter the amount of crypto you want to sell, or enter the amount of Kiwi dollars you want to receive.
- Confirm that your bank account number is correct.
- Send your crypto to Easy Crypto’s deposit address.
That’s it, easy as!
This is general information only and is not intended to be advice. Crypto is volatile, carries risk and the value can go up and down. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns. Please do your own research.