Secure your crypto wallet backup phrases with Cryptotag Zeus
The Zeus Starter Kit is compatible with the world’s most recognised brands of software and hardware wallets — Ledger, Trezor, KeepKey, and Exodus.
If you have secured your wealth in crypto assets using hardware wallets such as Trezor and Ledger, you are miles ahead of most people. However, even with the added security, you want to make sure that you can recover your access in case you lose your PIN, your password, or even your whole device.
“What’s the solution?” you ask. Unfortunately, writing down your seed phrases (also known as backup phrases) on a piece of paper is incredibly risky. Even if you put that valuable piece of paper inside a fireproof safe, there is no guarantee that your paper is safe from the elements.
We’re talking about the natural degradation of carbon-based matter. You know, like paper. What you need then is quite literally engraved solid titanium for those backup phrases and secure your phrases forever.
What is Cryptotag’s Zeus Starter Kit?
The Zeus Starter Kit has a storage capacity of 24 recovery words (or backup phrases, as they’re commonly called). What you do with it is simple:
1. When setting up your hardware wallet, you will need to write down those recovery words on something temporary, like a piece of paper.
2. Zeus Starter Kit comes with a set of matches to burn that piece of paper (we’ll need it later). But that’s not the coolest thing. These recovery words are part of a list of words used by the BIP39 industry standard.
3. Go to the BIP39 recovery words list and you’ll notice that each word is associated with a 4-digit number. This BIP39 list is universal, meaning that if Cryptotag is no longer in business, you can still access your recovery words. Just Google “BIP39 recovery words list”.
4. Use this list to help you punch the right numbers into the titanium plate. For example, if your first word is “abandon”, then you will punch the numbers 0 – 0 – 0 – 1 on the first set of four number groups. Note that the recovery words must be in order.
5. Once you have all 24 sets of number groups punched (corresponding to all 24), burn that piece of paper that held your secrets temporarily. Then close the titanium plate and store the Zeus Starter Kit in a safe place.
Zeus Starter Kit – wallet compatibility
The Zeus Starter Kit is compatible with the world’s most recognised brands of software and hardware wallets — Ledger, Trezor, KeepKey, and Exodus. There is really no more excuse to use paper to store your wallet backup phrases!
Technical specifications of Zeus Starter Kit
For the detail-oriented, here are the technical details:
Number of plates: 2
Storage capacity: 24 recovery words (2x 12 recovery words)
- 2 Plates
- High-Quality Center Punch
- Setup Guide
Box content for the Zeus Extension Kit will only include 2 Plates
Dimensions box: 14,5 x 12 x 3 cm (5.7 x 4.7 x 1.2 in)
Weight of box: 410 grams (14.1 oz)
Length: 11,3 cm (4.44 in)
Width: 6,8 cm (2.67 in)
Thickness: 6 mm (0.23 in)
Weight: 210 grams (7.4 oz)
Heat resistance: 1667 °C (3032 °F)
Need more space to back up more wallets?
You can order 2 more plates to secure 24 additional recovery words without needing to order another Starter Kit. Head over to our shop and get yourself the Zeus Expansion Kit. Note that this kit will only work if you already have at least one Starter Kit.
Zeus Starter Kit and Expansion Kit — Out now at Easy Crypto Shop!
Grab yourself a new upgrade, Zeus Starter Kits and Expansion Kits are out now at Easy Crypto Shop! Click here to go to the shop.